Are you looking for English listening exercises? Do you need some more practice? Do you still have difficulties in listening? Then, welcome to the ELT-TUTOR listening lab.
WHY DO WE HAVE STRUGGLE WITH LISTENING?
The most frequent problem of students is listening. Many excellent learners read and understand with ease, even speak very well, but have serious difficulties in listening tasks.
These difficulties can come from different reasons, here are some of them:
1. You mispronounce words, so you don’t recognize words you know when you hear them.
2. You don’t know enough vocabulary, so you don’t understand words.
3. You have no expectations about the text so you cannot make sense of the words you understand from the track.
4. You get into panic after the first sentence because you didn’t understand it and start repeating the first words instead of listening to the coming sentences. This way you miss the whole track.
So STEP 1 is to understand WHY YOU don’t understand. STEP 2 is to fix it.
Guardate questo video e cercate di capire come Voi potete migliorare la Vostra capacità di ascolto:
ONLINE LISTENING COURSE:
– 20-hour course with personalized syllabus (considering your level and requests);
– online: you only need a Skype account or just a simple browser;
– a first chat to be scheduled: free and no strings attached (30 min max) – you can choose what type of audio you would like to listen to and we discuss when we could possibly meet online;
– personalized course plan: based on your personal abilities and interests, topics and techniques are chosen;
– listening training also includes vocabulary work and follow-up conversation;
– practice provided also for self-study;
– discount for fixed schedule, higher intensity and multiple-packages purchased.
“We hear and listen way before we are able to see, speak or use our body.
We listen to kids’ stories over and over again.
As an adult, we watch, we speak and we do things, without listening to ourselves or to the others.
It’s time we gave back to our ears their well-earned importance.“
ELT-TUTOR ALSO SUGGESTS these websites with listening exercises in English:
– BRITISH COUNCIL – LEARN ENGLISH: Ever-green for every student from A1 to C1
– NEWSY: News videos with transcripts
– ELLO: Listening lessons for everyone
– ESL VIDEO: Videos and scenes with questions
– TED: Great talks with transcripts in many languages
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO NOW?