WHY TO PREPARE IN ENGLISH BEFORE A JOB INTERVIEW?
More and more companies today ask for a job interview partly or fully conducted in English.
We also tend to write onto our CV to have a ‘Good level of English’, without knowing what it really means. All this could lead to disappointing outcomes.
However, just with a little preparation you can make a positive impact on your possible future employer.
Attending a job interview (in any language) requires a great amount of preparation:
– it starts with the revision of the CV and any social media platform the candidate is registered,
– moving onto research on the target company, their history and activities;
– job interviews require a high level of self-confidence in answering questions about ourselves – without avoiding delicate questions (about our weaknesses and failures);
– our presentation needs to be rehearsed and re-rehearsed, evaluated and improved;
– last but not least, certain communication strategies must be acquired to deal with difficult situation (what to do if you don’t know an answer or if you are asked about things you don’t really like to talk about, etc.).
Nothing you couldn’t prepare for:
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO NOW?