ESL level: CEFR B1+
Type: a 20-page printable activity book, most pages are black&white, some contain colourful pictures. The file is a 4.4Mb pdf document in two versions: Student’s Version & Teacher’s Version.
Target language: language related to Valentine’s Day (to break up with someone, card, to cheat on someone, chocolate, to confess your love, couple, day-dreaming, disappointed, to fall in love, flowers, heart, heart break, kiss, love, love birds, Love is blind, to propose, red roses, romantic dinner, to send a message to someone, sunset, until death do us apart)
Mind: All tasks are suitable for both, ESL and non-ESL teen or adult students.
Description of activity:
You can find a following exercises in the booklet:
– a picture dictionary with 12 lexical items;
– conversation questions to activate the learnt lexical items;
– a page with some abbreviations in instant messages;
– a video-based listening comprehension task about the history of the real Valentino;
– ranking (preferences in life);
– a song-based worksheet with gaps and follow-up questions;
– a worksheet about how to propose with the possibility to extend it to a documentary (Diamonds Explained/Netflix) with an interactive worksheet;
– conversation questions about marriage and a related role-play;
– a listening comprehension task with questions based on a TEDTalk;
– conversation questions about one’s first love and the possibility to extend it to a WebQuest;
– a hit list of the world’s best love songs and their edited version;
– a worksheet with Valentine cards written in different styles;
– a collaborative and critical/creative thinking task about match making (the worksheet is available also separately).
The booklet ends with an exit ticket.
Time: 240+ min
Font: The material contains different types of fonts, however, the main font type is Garamond.
Images: Supplied courtesy of PIXABAY (www.pixabay.com). All pictures are free to use also for commercial use without attribution.
Download a SAMPLE PAGE.